Monday, July 17, 2017

The holidays


















Day 1 - 08/07/17
What a great start to the holidays I went to Oscar Jackson birthday with Oscar Ellis and Zane Taylor-gee. We all went to laser force and flipout. We had two rounds at lazer force and one , 1 hour round at flipout. Then we went back to his house and played around. Then we took out the scooters and trikes and went down the road. I was going so fast because they live of hill and I had no breaks so I had to use my feet to stop me. When we got to the bottom Oscar E and I had to carry our trikes back up the hill. When we got back me and Oscar E washed our feet off because they were covered in mud. Then I played on Euro truck simulator on Oscar E's laptop.

Then we had pizza for dinner. Then Oscar E said should we play Spotlight tag outside before we roast marshmallow's on the fire. Oscar J was in first , Zane, Oscar E and I hid under the tramp against a stone wall. Oscar J did find us eventually but he forgot that it was spotlight tag so I ran away into the garden. Then after we played spotlight Rob brought out a big packet of marshmallow's and we cooked them on the fire. Then we went back inside and had showers and then I played Euro truck simulator again with Oscar J we each drove half-way to where our destination took guided us. Then we watched some air crash investigation while we played X-Plane 10. I bought a new plane It was called the Boeing 777-200ER. Then we watched some of Lego batman. When ever the movie froze we would play don't let the balloon touch the ground. Then we went to bed.

Day 2 - 09/07/17
We woke up at 7.00 . Oscar J and I played Euro truck simulator again while Zane and Oscar E played Forza Motorsport on Oscar J's Xbox 360. Then we watched the some more of the Lego batman movie but it was freezing alot so we went back on Oscar E's laptop and play War thunder. Then Rob put on the fire. Then Sally called us for breakfast . Then we got changed and played Hide 'n' seek tag. Zane was in first he trapped me in the basement behind a pool table. Then we watched the rest of the movie and sadly Oscar E had to go home. My dad texted me and said do you want to come to flipout I said yes . I was second and Zane was last to go home . We went to flipout with my cousins and aunty.

Day 3 - 10/07/17 
I woke up at 8.30 am I had Cheese on English muffin's with bake beans. After breakfast I brushed my teeth and got changed and then Tyler (My sister) and I played tag she gave up after 10 minutes. 1 hour later we had lunch and I watched some 7 days to die and Minecraft on my PlayStation 4. I also did some Extra Math because I want to move up a level. After that I had to go to swimming lessons.

Day 4 - 11/07/17
This morning I woke up and I had a omelet for breakfast then we went out to the skate park and the library in Havelock. Then we went to get lunch we had sushi and then we came back home. I went onto my PlayStation 4 and watched Friday the 13th (The game) and 7 days to die on Youtube. Then we did a science experiment it was called the dancing raisins. ( You can also use popcorn kernels ).

The reasons this happens is when the baking soda and the vinegar mix together and produces CO2 (Carbon dioxide) bubble's stick to the outside of the raisins. This will cause the raisins to be lest denser than water which causes them to rise to the top. Once they get to the top the CO2 bubbles pop which releases the CO2 to the air. The raisins then become denser without the bubbles and sink to the bottom. Once at the bottom more CO2 bubbles attach to the raisins and the process starts over again. This is why its called dancing raisins.

Then we had tea it was called Moroccan mince then Tyler and I played 7 days to die on my PlayStation 4.

When I first tried this it over flowed so I kept persevering and tried different ratios until I got the right result.

Here are the instructions

Step 1: Find a used glass or jar

Step 2: Pour water into the glass or jar to halfway

Step 3: Then fill up the rest half with white vinegar

Step 4: Drop a couple of raisins or popcorn kernels in

Step 5: Put a teaspoon of baking soda in

(Put a tray underneath encase it spills)

Watch the raisins dance

Here are some videos/photos of me doing the experiment

Photo





















Video













Day 5 - 12/07/17
This morning I woke up and I got changed and then I played on 7 days to die with my sister. Then we had to go to the doctors for my little baby brother Koda. Then after that we went to flipout and we saw my aunty there. I used my perseverance muscle by trying to climb up this big tall bit I nearly made it but I couldn't push myself up. I even worked out different strategies to get me up.

Day 6 - 13/07/17
It was freezing in the morning when I woke up I quickly got changed but that did not make me any warmer. I played on 7 days to die with my sister again as usual. Then I asked Oscar E if he would like to come over for a sleep over but he couldn't because he was stuck in Taupo because of snow & ice covering the roads. We did another experiment similar to dancing raisins but its called salt lava lamp (Scroll down the bottom to have a look at the photo(s) & Video(s) . Then for the rest of the day we just stayed at home chilled out. I am also looking forward to my aunty Kelly coming up from Wellington with her baby daughter Charley.

The reason this happens is when you pour the oil into the water it does not mix the oil is less denser then water. When you add the salt the salt make the oil denser that makes it sink then once the oil hits the bottom of the glass it will dissolve when the salt dissolves the oil floats back up to the surface. Also I cooked lunch it was mini pizza's.

Less denser meaning - Lighter than something
Denser meaning - heavy than something

Here are the instructions
`
Step 1: First fill up a glass halfway

Step 2: Then pour a little of oil in the glass

Step 3: Add some food coloring

Step 4: Sprinkle the salt into the glass

Step 5: Keep adding salt

Watch what happens

Here are some videos/photos of me doing the experiment

Photos





















Video













Day 7 - 14/07/17
I woke up in a exited mood because my aunty Kelly and her daughter Charley are coming up from wellington. Then I went on my PlayStation and played Just cause 3. Then I went to EB games and got a new game for my PlayStation 4.

Day 8 - 15/07/17
I woke up and my nanna was sitting on the table holding my brother Koda. My nanna was there to take mum to the hairdressers. I played on my new game. Then dad bought some McDonald's for us for breakfast. 2 hours later aunty Kelly and Charley came around and we played with Charley. Then we had fish & chips for tea. Then I played on my game again.

Day 9 - 16/07/17
I was in the morning because my aunty Kelly was leaving. Then I played on my new game then my nanna and granddad came over and they took me to the movies to watch Diary of a wimpy kid - The long haul. It was very funny. My favorite part was when a Spanish man pulled over in his tow truck and the family could not understand him but the little boy did. He learnt by when his mum put a disc in about how to speak Spanish he learnt the whole time it was on. Then we had subway for tea.

Day 10 - 17/07/17
Today I played on my game and I helped my mum and dad with somethings in the house like: Folding the washing , Packing away my mess and others.

Day 11 - 18/07/17
Yesterday I helped my mum around the house with chores. Because I am helping alot I am earning technology time and I am learning how to be independent.


Day 12 - 19/07/17
My highlight of the day was when my sister and I played are survival game. We crafted some stone axes with a medium sized stone and a stick and string we used resources from around my home and in the bush ( In the bush you would have to use flax or vines ). The bag was for all our crafted tools and for our food. The game was about trying to survive from zombies. Our hut was our home. This survival game extended my Project base learning. I used my collaboration learning muscle when my sister and I worked together well. Also I used my Interdependence muscle when my sister went and did her own thing than we regrouped with each other.

Photo's



















Day 15 21/07/17
Oscar E came to my house today and we made a Tec reviews video and a procrastination gaming video it was very fun. I played ETS 2 and Oscar played another game. We had pizza for tea and watched a movie. Then we played call of duty blackops 3 before we went to bed.




2 comments: